Belmet Ghana signed an agreement with Subsea 7 in August 2015 to form Belmet 7 in which Belmet Ghana owns a 51 percent shareholding and Subsea 7 has a 49 percent shareholding. The agreement comes on the back of successful cooperation on the Subsea TEN Project.
It is anticipated that the joint venture agreement, which will operate under a new entity called Belmet 7, will help provide additional sustainability to the Ghanaian entity.
The full asset component of this Takoradi yard facility reflects the 51/49 partnership. This is not an artificial joint venture shell agreement – it provides the company with quayside space and load out access that is very well suited for modular fabrication work. Belmet 7 will operate from 1 October 2015 on this site.
Takoradi Fabrication Facilities:
• Engineering and management offices for up to 30 personnel
• Fabrication facilities for a crew of up to 100 personnel
• Crawler cranes of 400T and 220T capacity that is able to deliver large loads to the quayside from the fabrication yard to vessels or cargo barges.
• 30 Welding machines and related equipment to perform a variety of welding processes
• Steel cutting capacity of equipment
• Heavy plate rolling machine DAVI MCB N-30 with a rated 3000mm x 70mm – typical maximum wall 50mm
• Scaffolding operations to support fabrication
• Capability to fabricate piles of 24m height and 4 - 8m diameter
• Capability to fabricate piles of 24m height and 4 – 8m diameter
• Training room
Takoradi Fabrication Capabilities:
• Fabrication operations to support the Oil and Gas industry in Ghana and outside Ghana
• Specialisation in fabrication of subsea and complex structures
• Direct access to 200m quay
• Crawler crane capacities to support loading or offloading of large and heavy structures; transport of heavy to/from vessels and barges
• Logistics services to the Oil Services Hub – rigging, lifting, transporting, loading and offloading
• Enables our clients to meet planned schedules and overcome design, operations and technical challenges
Belmet 7 Management will consist of:
• General Manager: Subsea 7
• Project Manager: Belmet
• Quality Control: Belmet
• Admin / Finance: Belmet
• Human Resources: Belmet
The Management will be involved in day to day operations and the making of decisions as an entity.
They will report to an executive board of directors - Belmet Ghana and Subsea 7 each has three directors making out the board of directors. The board of directors have quarterly sittings.
Belmet 7 Address: Belmet 7 yard, Sector 1, Oilfields service hub, Takoradi port, Takoradi, Ghana.